A hub for what's out there on the web worthy of love from great artwork to interesting people, cultural events to beautiful photography, good food, great music, good books, fabulous babies and more.


*************************************************************

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lee Freidlander, Photographer

I recently became captivated by photographing textures.  It started by my looking for interesting patterns I could use to enhance other art in Photoshop but has morphed into its own thing.   Often, I find, the patterns one finds in cracked asphalt and reflections off of store windows can be more interesting than the bigger picture - proving the quote "God is in the details" to be true.  Because of my new passion, friend Marsha Armitage Bristow recommended I check out her former Rhode Island School of Design photography teacher Lee Freidlander.   I am impressed!  This photograph is from his 2008 exhibit at SFMOMA.  More info on him can be found at Wikipedia and a sampling of his images can be found at the Fraenkel Gallery in San Francisco.

No comments: