A hub for what's out there on the web worthy of love from great artwork to interesting people, cultural events to beautiful photography, good food, great music, good books, fabulous babies and more.


*************************************************************

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lynda Barry on Tour

One of the saving graces of Amber, Matt, Wilson and Cole moving to Seattle is that three of my favorite cartoonists lived there:  Lynda Barry, Matt Groening and Charles Burns.  There must be something in the Pacific Northwestern air that brings out the oddly creative in a good way.

Randomly googling recently I came across a Drawn and Quarterly blog post about Lynda's new book and her upcoming tour to some of my favorite cities (San Francisco, LA, Portland, Vancouver, Chicago and NYC).

In 2000, on a visit to Seattle, I bought my first Lynda Barry book The! Greatest! of! Marlys! published by Seattle based Sasquatch Books.  Her latest Picture This: The Near-sighted Monkey Book will be published in November by Drawn and Quarterly.  I can't wait to get my copy.

Wikipedia has more info on Lynda Barry here. and you can pre order the book from Amazon by clicking the link below.

No comments: